Hey Thomas,
We are supposed to write a letter to a family member or friend telling them how our class is going this semester. I am in third year writing at 8:00 AM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Today is the day before spring break starts and I am especially tired. Usually by 7 AM I'm up and ready to go, but not today.
I like my teacher, Professor Lovvorn. I have had him before so that's why I picked him for this semester's class. He is a great teacher and is very knowledgable on the subject. There are pros and cons to taking his class.
First, I enjoy just writing posts like this on my blog every couple of days. It's nice not to have to worry about tests or quizzes on the readings. However, he has assigned us to do a 15-20 page paper at the end of the semester to grade. That's it. So without a time schedule and due dates periodically for this assignment, I am kind of procrastinating which is not in my nature. It seems like it's going to be a fun project, but I am also a little worried about making the time between golf, school work and class to go to these places and gather information.
We also have assigned readings that I can hardly find time to do. They are REALLY LONG readings! I dont even know how the professor has time to read it all. I find that the readings are boring and are things that we should just refer to if we have questions during our paper, not something that we need to read every detail. I could skim 40 pages and get the gist of what the writer is saying. However, I see how he feels that it will help us with this semester-long project.
For my project, I am studying the culture of the YMCA. I know how much you love to go to the YMCA and I will be interviewing you soon with questions as to why it is so appealing to someone your age. I am going to have to make time over my spring break to go to different "Y's" and take notes and talk to people. I have a feeling everyone is going to look at me like "what?" when I tell them what I am doing. Oh well! I just hope I can gather 15-20 pages worth of information!
Well, that it pretty much it! Hope you do well in your baseball game!
Love you bunches!
Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment