Tuesday, February 15, 2011

YMCA Lists 2

Looking at different lists that help define a culture will give us a little insight into what that culture is like. My semester-long project involves the YMCA. An example of some lists that define the culture of the YMCA are music playlists, group fitness schedules, duffel bag list of items, workout list. By examining different person's ipod playlists, it will help me to better understand the different kinds of music people like to workout to. My guess is that most will be upbeat rap and rock like songs, but I would be interested to find out if I am right.
Another option is group fitness schedule list. If I can look at the attendance to each one of those classes, I will be able to tell which classes are preferred over others and if men or women attend classes more. If I can look inside the duffel bags that people carry to and from work while working out, it will give me some insight into the necessities to carry in the transition of working out and work. Finally, if I can observe the workout list of some people, such as athletes, it might help me to understand why the YMCA is preferred over other places to work out. They might have more areas to work out, more machines that will help get better results, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment